Fedora-26 KDE GUI-actions via service menus broken (fix)

Haw...@bitmessage.ch

Jan 7, 2018, 5:52:04 PM1/7/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The KDE/dolphin/Konqueror file-move actions are now missing and broken
in a default Fedora 26 template. They don't show up in Dolphin unless
put here:

sudo
cp /usr/share/kde4/services/qvm-* /usr/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/

and the KDE bash scripts are also broken, such that in the following
scripts

qvm-copy.desktop
qvm-move.desktop

changing the instance of:

Exec=/usr/lib/qubes/qvm-copy-to-vm.kde %U

Exec=/usr/lib/qubes/qvm-copy-to-vm.gnome %U

seems to fix the issue for Dolphin and Konqueror.

I can't seem to get these to show up in the Krusader action menu
though... Any ideas?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jan 7, 2018, 7:04:46 PM1/7/18
to Haw...@bitmessage.ch, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Haw...@bitmessage.ch

Jan 7, 2018, 8:19:16 PM1/7/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 01:04:14 +0100
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:

> I assume this is about Qubes 4, right? Those scripts in 3.2 works...

They were not working on a freshly pulled/installed (not upgraded)
fedora-26 template on 3.2. They did work just fine on F24/25 with
Qubes 3.2. I have not tested at all on 4.