qubes-counter

Zrubi

Feb 4, 2016, 6:46:10 AM2/4/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Recently found the official qubes-counter:
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2016/01/14/qubes-counter/

I noticed several things about this:

- - it is breaks the https page by the plain http insertion of the graph.

- - the raw .json data is a way too sophisticated
Even if it is a proper json format, using data as a field name (the
date) is seems a bad idea to me.
The structure is also seems too complicated to me.
I would do some more simple structure like:

{
date: "2016-02",
"any_plain": 1916,
"any_tor": 89,

"r1_plain": 8,
"r1_tor": 0,
"r2_plain": 157,
"r2_tor": 2
..
..
},

Insted of:

"2016-02": {
"any": {
"plain": 1916,
"tor": 89
},
"r1": {
"plain": 8,
"tor": 0
},
"r2": {
"plain": 157,
"tor": 2
},
"r2-beta2": {
"plain": 22,
"tor": 8
},
"r2-beta3": {
"plain": 7,
"tor": 0
},
"r3.0": {
"plain": 1164,
"tor": 45
},
"r3.1": {
"plain": 726,
"tor": 54
}
},

Of course it can be restructured by the app try to use the data - just
need to know if we keep this structure for sure. Asking because I'm
planning to make some more fancy graphs around the raw data.

- - the data provided is not consistent.
I mean the "any" numbers are not matching with the sum of the detailed
(release based) numbers.

- --
Zrubi