FYI: studentship in Poland

Mark Tarver

Jan 15, 2017, 2:25:40 AM1/15/17
to Shen
Hi,

I got this email from a good friend and colleague who asked if I knew anybody who was interested.  Maybe a Shenturian could apply Shen to this area.

Mark

At our university (AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków, Poland) we cha the UNESCO Center.

They've opened a window for submitting proposals for students' fellowships. Till Jan. 25 the tutors should submit their topics proposals. Then the UNESCO Center approve them (or not) and opens the window for applications. Certainly the best way is to write a fellowship proposal if there is a student  interested in applying, so that the goals can be reached. Maybe you can find a student or students who would be interested in coming to Krakow for 6 months (master level) or 9 months ( PhD level). The student should write a proposal of his/her research project in the area of Operations Research, industrial logistics or manufacturing and inventory control, so that me or prof. Kaczmarczyk can be the tutor. I enclose the form for the fellowship proposal.

The tricky point is that the AGH UST offers a scholarship to the student but the expenses on travel and stay he/she has to cover himself/herself.

If there is a student interested I  this fellowship, please give him/her the attached form to fill in and send to me till Jan. 23 since the deadline for the proposals is Jan 25 and I have to collect all the necessary stamps and signatures. Certainly, in the meantime the student can contact me via email or skype if necessary. And last but not least, the submission of the proposal doesn't guarantee anything. First the proposal has to be accepted, then the student has to apply for the fellowship and win it.

Z wyrazami szacunku,
Katarzyna Gdowska

-----
Katarzyna Gdowska, PhD MSc MA
AGH University of Science and Technology
Faculty of Management
Department of Operations Research
30 Mickiewicza Av.
30-059 Kraków, Poland