Ring in SP

Mark Tarver

Jul 27, 2017, 3:36:38 PM7/27/17
to Shen
I've put the Ring in as a plugin to SP but the doc needs to be created to use it.  I'll be working on this next week.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Aug 11, 2017, 6:11:20 AM8/11/17
to Shen
This program calculates a huge transitive closure from the kernel consisting of a 2.7Mb list structure which takes 20 minutes to compute.  I'm putting this structure in the cloud so that SP users don't have to contend with producing it.  It takes only a couple of seconds to download as a string and for the first time I'm using pos to parse a string.   Expect some stuff soon.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Aug 23, 2017, 1:33:47 AM8/23/17
to Shen
Right; that was a bit of a battle, but eventually won.  I've had to rebuild parts of the SP reader to 17.2 (including read-from-string) but the Ring data structures download from the web within a type secure program w.o. crashing.   On my 4.7GHz machine it takes about 17 seconds to download this plugin; it may take longer on yours.  The way is now clear to move ahead.

I think there will be some migration of this work into OS at some point in order to reap the benefits from all the ports of Shen that have been done.  I'll be talking to Professor David Hogg very soon about economic models for this.   For the moment we will be concentrating on stand alone CL programs.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Aug 25, 2017, 5:04:10 AM8/25/17
to Shen
We've now got some online help for this program;  a lot of testing to do and linking with CL coming up next month.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Aug 26, 2017, 3:03:36 PM8/26/17
to Shen
And this has just been updated and a bug fixed.

Mark