FYI: The New Guide to the Tarot, volume I, The Minor Arcana.

Mark Tarver

Feb 14, 2018, 11:14:44 AM2/14/18
to Shen
You might be interested to know that I have just completed a book on the TarotThe New Guide to the Tarot, volume I,  The Minor Arcana

The New Guide contains artwork from leading Tarot designs including (in alphabetical order).  I've completed volume I of what will be two volumes.  Here is the blurb from the back cover.
The Absolute Tarot, the Anna K. Tarot, the Crystal Visions Tarot, the Druid Craft Tarot, the Elric Tarot, the Hidden Realm Tarot, the Home Tarot, the Hudes Tarot, the Kathy McClelland Tarot, the Maat Tarot, the Marseille Tarot, the New Paths Tarot, the Nizzoli Tarot, the Pagan Cats Tarot, the Pauline Cassidy Tarot, the Robin Wood Tarot, the SG Tarot,  the Shadowscapes Tarot, the Rider-Waite Tarot, the Solar-Busca Tarot,  the Thoth Tarot, the Visconti-Sforza Tarot.

The artwork which remains in copyright has been reproduced by permission of the living artists.  Over a hundred colour illustrations are contained in the book.  The magnitude of covering the Tarot means that I've split my work into two volumes.   The second volume  will be on the Major Arcana.

The New Guide traces the origins  of the Tarot back to the ancient world of the Presocratic Greek philosophers, through the medieval world to the world of today.  The later chapters on the court cards use a personalised form of Jungian psychology to order the development of the court cards and uses poetry, literature and film to illustrate the concepts.

In 233 pages The New Guide brings a lifetime of scholarship in philosophy and the occult to bear on the interpretation of the Minor Arcana.  I show that underlying the Minor Arcana is a powerful and compelling ancient code based on numerology and the elements, which orders the cards into both a cosmology and a blueprint of the human psyche.

The production of this book is likely to be the most challenging and expensive of any of the books I have authored. The colour illustrations need to be of high resolution and must be painstakingly set to achieve a uniformly high standard.  To offset the costs of production I've decided to make a first limited run of copies of this book without any ISBN numbers.  All these copies will be personally signed by me.

Earlier out of print work by me is retailing on Amazon for many times the original cost.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Functional-Programming-QI-Mark-Tarver/dp/1844265498 I think it is likely that when The New Guide is conventionally published, it will have a far wider readership and consequently this limited print will appreciate in price significantly.  At any rate I'm offering people close to me, the chance to buy this preprint as a contribution to scholarship and for the interest of learning.

Anybody interested in a signed preprint should contact me.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Feb 26, 2018, 10:47:07 AM2/26/18
to Shen
Thanks to all those who replied.  I've got the galley; looks good.  This is going to be submitted to a regular publisher.   I'll be sending out preprints this spring.

For those who appreciate the artwork and the philosophy, there is a page on my web site devoted to this work.  See

On the page you will find two lectures on the elements and their historic origins and a short video giving some of the modern artwork used in the packs.  Quite beautiful IMO.

Mark