Shen and functional programming with ADTs -- two demos

Antti Ylikoski

Nov 29, 2016, 10:06:54 AM11/29/16
to Shen

This entry is a noncommercial scientific Shen promotion, so to speak.

I mean that there have been individuals in the group, who might want
to utilize the Shen language for the Artificial Neural Network work.
I would recall that Robert Herman was one of them.

I decided to post two Shen ANN programs here, to give the community
tips, techniques, and tricks of the trade, as to how to program ANN
software with the functional Shen.  There are some global variables
there, since some so to speak, global state is required.

One of those programs utilizes the Shen tuples to make an ADT out of
artificial neurons.  Another one utilizes the Shen lists for the same
purpose.

The both programs attached will pass the (tc +) type checker, and they
will run, some bugs remain to be ironed out.  So this entry is only
for some techniques as how to use the Shen system for a functional
nontrivial program with ADTs.

I'm not really giving away something of commercial value for free.
The relationship of this work to the author's future work with Shen is
similar to the relationship of OS Shen to the paid Shen Professional.

Moreover, I have seen that commercial work with few good references
simply cannot be done.

I wish plenty of success for the Shen community---

Dr Antti J Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.

pctront.shen
pctronml.shen