Some plans as to the work with Shen

Antti Ylikoski

Apr 15, 2018, 11:52:36 AM4/15/18
to Shen
There is something that I plan to attempt to submit to the SP
system.  If it will be good or not, remains to be seen.

I have been working on the Shen resolution algorithm.  See

The basic resolution is what I would characterize as a variant of the
breadth first search, resolve everything with everything else.

Potentially better resolution strategies exist.  I found in one
textbook the combination of the Set of Support and the Unit Preference
strategies:

See George F Luger: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, 6th Edition, Pearson
International, ISBN 978-0-13-209001-8 Part V Chapter 14.2 Resolution
Theorem Proving pp. 582 -- in particular p. 597 "The unit preference
strategy along with the set of support can produce a more efficient
complete strategy".

As I write this, I have been delving into the well-known textbook by
Chang-Lee, and I wonder if I could create something useful from the
semantic resolution and the lock resolution in the Chang-Lee book.

We shall see if I can produce anything useful.

yours, AJY
Helsinki, Finland, the EU