articles to read

Mark Tarver

Apr 15, 2017, 8:57:46 AM4/15/17
to Shen
Some stuff to read on OS.

An oldie by Perens, but worth reading

Note this - in 2005!

Specialization In One Open Source Program Plus Services Model

This model was proposed to be an important one in Eric Raymond's paper, but has not performed as well as was expected so far.

A new addition

Lot of comments; quite a few in denial about problems with OS economics.  Others saying money doesn't matter to OS people.  Some distance to go then in arriving at a solution.

The last references a book on Amazon.

I've glanced through the table of contents.  Seems the author is focused on institutional answers but no reference to OS.

I've come to think that the problems of OS economics cannot be resolved by the actions of individual developers in isolation.

Anyway; worth tuning in to the debate.   If I see anything really hot, I'll post it up.

Mark