microKanren implementation in Shen

Bruno Deferrari

May 18, 2015, 10:23:26 PM5/18/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com
Just found this when checking the many implementations if miniKanren:

https://github.com/jasonhemann/microKanren-shen

For those who haven't heard of it before, miniKanren is a small
embedded logic programming language that has been implemented in a
wide range of languages:

http://minikanren.org

--
BD

Mark Tarver

May 19, 2015, 2:44:39 PM5/19/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com, uti...@gmail.com
It's actually written - by hand - in a polyglot KLambda.

Mark

Mark Tarver

May 19, 2015, 2:51:10 PM5/19/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com, dr.mt...@gmail.com, uti...@gmail.com
But fair enough - everybody is free to write in the way they want - I guess this was influenced by experience with Scheme.

Mark

Mark Thom

May 19, 2015, 2:53:39 PM5/19/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com, dr.mt...@gmail.com, uti...@gmail.com
I'm working on a typed minikanren in Shen right now, adapting from Will Byrd's Scheme sources. So far most of the test suite (from the excellent book The Reasoned Schemer) checks out.

The next step is to implement the Shen type checker in shen-minikanren, which itself will be typed, and from there, on to typing the rest of the Shen sources.

Jason Hemann

Jun 16, 2015, 9:34:20 PM6/16/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com, dr.mt...@gmail.com, uti...@gmail.com
Mark,

Very cool! Can't wait to see it. Ours was *definitely* influenced by prior Scheming.

JBH

Mark Thom

Jun 17, 2015, 12:47:55 AM6/17/15
to qil...@googlegroups.com, jason....@gmail.com, dr.mt...@gmail.com, uti...@gmail.com
Jason,

Thanks for the kind words, I hope it's not too disappointing! Very little has changed from the Scheme version, and it doesn't pass the full test suite yet.

It's here: https://github.com/mthom/shen-minikanren