Work with Shen?

Antti Ylikoski

Jun 23, 2017, 4:14:01 PM6/23/17
to Shen

Currently, I'm seeking a good permanent employment in the ICT field.

Characteristically of the EU, non-trivial legal procedures are
necessary for a EU citizen (me) in order to be able to obtain a good
employment in the EU.

But while I have some time, I still might look at the Shen system.  I
had been planning to write a highly positive magazine article on the
Shen system for the northern ICT press.  That plan has been cancelled.

But I could still author something in the Shen language, as some plans
previously had existed.

There exist two problems:

1.  Does there exist a good, suitable procedure for me to sell my work
and get paid?

2.  Does there exist a good, suitable procedure for me to sell my work
without getting plenty of silly comments from silly individuals?

yours, AJY
Finland, the EU

Samuel Falvo II

Jun 24, 2017, 11:48:06 AM6/24/17
to Shen, antti.y...@gmail.com
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:14:01 PM UTC-7, Antti Ylikoski wrote:
Currently, I'm seeking a good permanent employment in the ICT field.

What is ICT?

1.  Does there exist a good, suitable procedure for me to sell my work
and get paid?

I'd imagine that this would vary depending on your locale, but it seems like a web-based service offering can be a reliable source of income under many circumstances.  In these situations, it doesn't matter what language your offering is written in, as there's zero exposure of that to the majority of your users.  Only employees would need to care about such matters, and even then, only those who are engineers maintaining the product.

2.  Does there exist a good, suitable procedure for me to sell my work
without getting plenty of silly comments from silly individuals?

Businesses are public by nature (even those which are privately owned); you need customers to maintain a business, and that implies some amount of public-facing copy (e.g., advertisements, etc.).  Between feedback on this copy, combined with disgruntled former customers, I regret to say that there will always be silly comments from silly individuals.

Antti Ylikoski

Jun 24, 2017, 4:10:35 PM6/24/17
to Shen, antti.y...@gmail.com

ICT is Information and Communications Technology.

"There will always be silly comments by silly individuals"?  That state of affairs is silly, indeed crazy.

You write beside the point.  The real question is, is it possible to do businesslike, matter of fact, legally prudent work for the Shen community?

I still wonder why W.O. wrote such crazy comments to me.  Indeed: Why?

The ANN activity has been discontinued.  But anyway I might to something non-trivial and useful for the Shen system.

Is it possible to do this work in a legally prudent, gentlemanlike, businesslike manner?

yours, AJY
Nondescript place
Finland

Antti Ylikoski

Jul 4, 2017, 1:55:15 PM7/4/17
to Shen
I have been planning to write something for the Shen community, if it
is doable.

There is there the Ramil Farkhshatov defstruct.shen, but it is not
completely concordant with the Shen type system.  (I attach the file.)

There is there the Mark Tarver written o-o.shen, but it will need some
tuning.  (I attach the file.)

I attach a CLOS simulation in the Common LISP, by Professor Patrick
Henry Winston.

I attach a Flavors (Symbolics LISP machine Zetalisp OO) simulation in
the Common LISP, written by the MITRE corporation et al.

And there are there other sources, which I shall not post here,
understandably.

I could, based on these references, author a CLOS simulation type
Object Oriented system for the Shen community, if such work is doable.

A CLOS type OO system, concordant with the Shen type system.

But is this work possible to do?

There  will  always be  good  programs  written by  good  programmers,
however silly individuals may be.

And, one of my Youtube favourites:

yours, Antti J Ylikoski
Nondescript location