two August 2016 QIIME workshops

Greg Caporaso

Feb 12, 2016, 7:32:18 AM2/12/16
to qiime...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
This August we'll be teaching QIIME at two workshops. The first will be at The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School, at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland. Details on this workshop can be found here:

The next will be at the International Society for Microbial Ecology meeting, in Montreal, CA. This will happen on August, 24th (the Wednesday of ISME, which is an open day). Details will follow here later this month.

As always, you can find information on upcoming workshops, or on hosting a workshop at your institution, at http://workshops.qiime.org.

Greg

Greg Caporaso

May 18, 2016, 11:19:25 AM5/18/16
to qiime...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Due to cost and a few other logistical issues, we are not going to hold a workshop at the International Society for Microbial Ecology meeting this August. We will however organize one or more open enrollment workshops for the Fall. These will be held in the US, but specific locations and dates are still to be determined. I expect to follow up over the summer with more details.

We apologize for not being able to run the workshop timed with ISME, but one benefit of delaying this is that we'll be able to focus a later workshop more on QIIME 2 (see my recent blog post on QIIME 2 here) and transition from QIIME 1, which will ensure that our users are getting the most relevant information for their current and future microbiome work.

We'll announce upcoming workshops here on the QIIME Forum and on Twitter.

Best,
Greg