16S database of medically important bacteria

jitendra keshri

Jan 10, 2018, 3:03:57 AM1/10/18
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,

I wish to see the curated 16S database for medically important bacteria.

In literature, there was one suggestion of 16SpathDB.

http://147.8.74.24/16SpathDB/main.php

Unforntunately, it is not working now. Can anyone suggest similar database?

Regards,
Jitendra

Colin Brislawn

Jan 10, 2018, 4:43:34 PM1/10/18
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Jitendra,

This totally ties in to your other question, and I guess the answer is the same: taxonomy identification is hard!

How well does the default taxonomy classifier work in Qiime 1? Have you considered using some of the taxonomy classifiers in Qiime 2?

Colin

jitendra keshri

Jan 14, 2018, 10:08:32 AM1/14/18
to Qiime 1 Forum
Thanks Colin! I have not used QIIME 2 yet.