regarding heatmap

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2017, 5:29:34 AM10/8/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi every body
I am generating heat map in a PDF file but i am not able to visualize it properly after opening the file,. and secondly i want to give some other color to the heatmap.
For convenience i am attaching the file.
heatmap.pdf

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2017, 10:27:13 AM10/8/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Please help me out here

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2017, 3:04:28 PM10/9/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi
Please any one  help me out here

Kyle Bittinger

Oct 10, 2017, 8:07:52 AM10/10/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Could you send the command you used to generate the heatmap, and any commands you used to prepare the input files?

I may ask for examples of your input files, which you can post or send privately, as you prefer.

Best,
Kyle

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2017, 9:44:20 AM10/10/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Kyle
this is the command that i am running.
make_otu_heatmap.py -i Soil_otus/otu_table.biom -o heat_map and i have also attached the pdf file.

heatmap.pdf

Kyle Bittinger

Oct 11, 2017, 2:53:26 PM10/11/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Have you tried some of the options listed in the documentation?

For readability, you might increase the PDF height with "--height 15".  As for the color, you might pass "--color_scheme GnBu" as an option.

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 3:46:35 PM10/11/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Kyle
please mention here how to increase the PDF height with --- height 15.

divyapr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2017, 3:47:47 PM10/11/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi please help me here also

I have posted some of the queries. Being new to Qiime i am not able to do filtering. i mean i don't know whether i have to run filter_otus_from_otu_table.py or   filter_samples_from_otu_table.py or filter_taxa_from_otu_table.py.
I have got three samples, with otu count 3412. what is the better option for me . So that i can proceed forward to prepare phylogenetic tree and heatmap and can do other analysis.
More over i want to known after filtering with which file i have to proceed with.
For convenience i am attaching the summarized biom file.

Kyle Bittinger

Oct 12, 2017, 12:15:35 PM10/12/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
You want filter_otus_from_otu_table.py

As for the PDF height, you should literally add the characters " --height 15 " to the make_otu_heatmap.py command.