Query related to Phylogenetic tree visualization

Abhi genobio

Sep 23, 2016, 3:15:17 PM9/23/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Dear Users,

I want to visualize the phylogenetic tree 97_otus. tre as provided in the attachment.
Can any one guide me how to generate similar images. I tried using Figtree but the image was not clear since the tree is very huge.
Any other way to generate similar type of tree ?

Thank You,
Abhi
example1.png
example2.png

Colin Brislawn

Sep 23, 2016, 4:52:56 PM9/23/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Abhi,

None of the default qiime scripts make trees like that. :-/

Have you considered contacting the authors of that paper? They may be the best resource.

Colin

jonsan

Sep 23, 2016, 7:16:50 PM9/23/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Abhi,

To my eye, that first tree looks like it came from iToL, and the second from GraPhlAn.

Note that the legibility of these trees is fundamentally related to the limited number of tips -- you may want to consider intelligent ways of collapsing or pruning the number of tips you display to enhance the interpretability of the final figure (e.g. by dropping low-abundance OTUs not central to the effect you're trying to illustrate).

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

-jon