Help with T-test please

Vinn

Oct 23, 2016, 10:27:35 AM10/23/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi folks,

Sorry in advance if I posted a non-sense question. My statistic knowledge is very limited. I wanted to compare the diversity of fungi in 2 groups of samples, which contain 5 tree species with 3 individual each. I collected samples twice from the same trees in summer and winter. The mapping file looks like this.

#SampleID Season
species1    summer
species1    summer
species1    summer
species2    summer
species2    summer
species2    summer
.
.
.
species5   summer
species5   summer
species5   summer
species1   winter
species1   winter
species1   winter
species2   winter
species2   winter
species2   winter
.
.
.
species5  winter
species5  winter
species5  winter

My understanding is that I have to use non-parametric t-test since the samples are from the same trees, just different seasons. I have tried to use make_distance_boxplots.py to run the test, but it returned "n/a n/a" for the non-parametric t-test.

I also sought to compare the similarity of fungi from the two seasons in one species, but also get the same results with "n/a n/a". Do you have any advice how to fix the problem or should I try with another command?

Thank you very much in advance!
/Vinn

Jamie Morton

Oct 24, 2016, 2:24:13 PM10/24/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Vinn,

Can you attach your exact command with the files that you ran so we can reproduce this problem?

Best,
Jamie