input requested on instructions for installing QIIME 1.9.1 using anaconda

Greg Caporaso

May 27, 2016, 5:16:35 PM5/27/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi all,
We're experimenting with using anaconda to install QIIME as this gets around a lot of issues that users have experience with pip and other installation procedures. This will also ultimately support installing QIIME 1 and QIIME 2 side-by-side on your system, as anaconda will be our primary means for distributing QIIME 2

We have drafted instructions which are available for public viewing and commenting here. We're very interested in hearing about any issues that users encounter with these. You can post those as comments on that document or in reply to this post.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Greg

Barvaz Sini

Jun 15, 2016, 2:07:35 AM6/15/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,
here are comments from a happy user:
"although for the most part clear, the second bolded paragraph almost makes it seem like the user should search for qiime191 in anaconda.org before proceeding to paragraph three. Maybe that was just my bizarre interpretation of it, but it would be great to clarify that this: conda config --add channels bioconda is the first command you're actually typing into within conda. Regardless, the install went off without a hitch for me, I can't thank you enough!"

Greg Caporaso

Jul 22, 2016, 6:13:12 PM7/22/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on this. These instructions are now live
This conversation is locked