conda installation problem

Yaser Alnakhli

Jan 16, 2017, 1:13:18 AM1/16/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello qiimers,

After I followed the conda installation method from your website: http://qiime.org/install/install.html   to install qiime 1.9 using python 2.7.
I can run the print_qiime_config.py nicely and it gives me all dependencies version including Qiime Library and script version 1.9.1. However, when typing qiime on command line... it says
 "The program 'qiime' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt-get install qiime"

If i used apt-get... then 1.8 will be installed... I dont want to use that...
While typing "qiime" after installing qiime2 with anaconda. it qives me nice information and it works well.

Why is it the case in qiime 1 . Do I actually need it there?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Colin Brislawn

Jan 16, 2017, 1:53:26 PM1/16/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Yaser,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Sounds like you have qiime installed successfully!

"However, when typing qiime on command line"
I don't think that's a problem. Qiime is a collection of scripts, and there is not a single 'qiime' program. So it makes sense that your computer does not recognize when you type in 'qiime', but does recognize the qiime scripts like print_qiime_config.py.

Try running some of the other qiime scripts and let me know if these work!

Colin

Yaser Alnakhli

Jan 17, 2017, 12:43:35 AM1/17/17
to Qiime 1 Forum