New Home....

瀏覽次數:13 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Niclas Hedhman

未讀,
2015年3月18日 晚上7:10:042015/3/18
收件者:qi4j...@googlegroups.com、Rickard Öberg
Gang,

Last (my) night, the Board of the Apache Software Foundation approved a resolution to create the "Apache Zest" project,

"     WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
       public, related to composite oriented programming.
"
(Full resolution will be available to all later)

This means that our community is part of an experiment to create Top Level Projects directly, without going through the Incubator. Apache Zest is one of a very small number of projects where this has happened, and recently it is only Apache Steve. But Apache Steve's codebase came from within ASF, and we will carve a new path in that respect.

The initial steps will be quite burdensome on primarily myself, to setup, and/or request for, the various resources necessary. And it will take a while.

One of the bigger issues are regarding "Software Grant", where each of us give Apache the right to use the codebase. We don't give up our individual copyrights in this process, though. Please review https://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

This is especially true for those who has contributed large amounts of code, such as myself, Rickard, Paul, Stan and many others. For the parts, where no Software Grant is obtained, we might need to cut that out. I will come back on this issue quite soon.

The two most urgent tasks for the project (the above paragraph is for us personally) are a) create mailing lists and b) get the JIRA project created to track all the things needed to be done.

Once those are done, the initial PMC can start to invite people to the PMC and hand out commit privileges to our contributors. In that process, each of you will be asked to sign and send in a so called ICLA. You can do that ahead of time. It is basically saying that you have the right to contribute, what you will contribute, to the ASF. As the Software Grant is about all the contributions that have already occurred, the ICLA is about all the contributions in the future. Some of you already have ICLA on file with ASF.  https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt or in PDF https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

Paul also asked me privately whether Qi4j 2.1 release must be renamed. The short answer is "sort of".

  a. Any public announcement SHOULD be using Apache Zest.

  b. Qi4j will be a sub-project within Apache Zest, so the Qi4j name (I suggest) remains. So relatively little in the documentation will change, just adding Apache Zest references here and there.

  c. Package names in Java can remain org.qi4j, for compatibility reasons if no other. We can decide later about whether to keep org.qi4j for the API, in which case we need to request that ASF takes ownership of the domain name, or change to org.apache.qi4j for the compatibility break in Qi4j 3.0

Exciting times ahead.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Edward Yakop

未讀,
2015年3月19日 凌晨1:01:162015/3/19
收件者:Niclas Hedhman、qi4j...@googlegroups.com、Rickard Öberg
Well done.
Exciting times indeed.

Jiri Jetmar

未讀,
2015年3月19日 凌晨3:19:132015/3/19
收件者:Niclas Hedhman、qi4j...@googlegroups.com、Rickard Öberg
Hi Niclas,

really nice - well done !

Thank you.

Cheers,
jj

Sent from my iPad
--

Stanislav Muhametsin

未讀,
2015年3月20日 上午10:12:592015/3/20
收件者:qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niclas,

Glad to hear the proposal has passed, congratulations on that! :)
I'll stay tuned for the further updates.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息