Test Failures...

Niclas Hedhman

Dec 20, 2013, 8:58:26 AM12/20/13
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com

Very little care in the test department. Cloudbees shows failures for the last 2-10 months (dep on which build)... That isn't nice, since the work that broke them is long forgotten.

I think whoever has time to chip in, we need to restore this as the highest priority.

I am getting dozens of failures in my Gradle build... *sigh*

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
河南南路555弄15号1901室。

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk
I work here; http://tinyurl.com/6a2pl4j
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Niclas Hedhman

Dec 20, 2013, 9:43:20 AM12/20/13
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Worse than that... Doesn't compile... :-(

*sigh*  I will try to clean it up... Jetty 9 isn't compatible....

Niclas Hedhman

Dec 20, 2013, 9:46:09 AM12/20/13
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com
*sigh* Who had the brilliant idea in this day and age and come up with another XML programming language. See http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-connectors.html#jetty-connectors and weep yourself good night...

Niclas

Paul Merlin

Dec 20, 2013, 2:52:29 PM12/20/13
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Gang,

Qi4j build
status should be back to normal. Recent changes, mostly
by me, made the build fail. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Last CI run show only one failed test: CleanStackTraceTest
https://qi4j.ci.cloudbees.com/job/qi4j-sdk.develop.hourly.tests.jdk7-oracle/lastFailedBuild/testReport/

It pass on my computer (Java7 Mac). I did not investigate, any idea why
it could fail?

/Paul

Niclas Hedhman

Dec 20, 2013, 10:14:35 PM12/20/13
to Paul Merlin, qi4j...@googlegroups.com
If I remember correctly, that tests checks the stack trace will have the many reflective indirections removed when reaching the user's code.
And the test checks the textual representation, which is incredibly sensitive to line number changes...

I can fix this shortly, IF everything else builds and passes on my local system now...

Cheers and TiA

Niclas Hedhman

Dec 21, 2013, 12:40:41 AM12/21/13
to Paul Merlin, qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I have fixed (and improved) the CleanStackTraceTest...

But, there are test failures in dci-cargo samples. I notice that these tests are missing from the Jenkins build output. Have they been disabled on purpose or what is going on here?

Niclas

Paul Merlin

Dec 20, 2013, 11:30:47 AM12/20/13
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I've seen this yesterday and already fixed most of
the failures
(not pushed).
I'll push all fixes during the weekend.

/Paul