Newbie question: build failure

Stephan

Jan 22, 2014, 2:00:30 PM1/22/14
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just downloaded the 2.0 source zip and ran the build with: gradlew -Dversion=2.0 install
I'm getting a build failure: Unable to retrieve secret key from key ring file ...
I noticed gradle.properties contained a reference: signing.secretKeyRingFile=/home/eskatos/.gnupg/secring.gpg
that obviously doesn't exist on my PC.
How do I get the build to complete nevertheless ?

(I've never used gradle so far, so excuse me if this is a silly question).

Since you are using cloudbees can I check the continuous build to compare with mine?

Thanks
Stephan

Niclas Hedhman

Jan 22, 2014, 7:57:24 PM1/22/14
to Stephan, qi4j...@googlegroups.com
If you don't provide the version, I think that the signing will not take place. You will end up with a "0" version, indicating a non-official, "could contain anything" version.

Niclas

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
河南南路555弄15号1901室。

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk
I work here; http://tinyurl.com/6a2pl4j
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Stephan

Jan 23, 2014, 3:30:29 AM1/23/14
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com, Stephan, nic...@hedhman.org
Hi Niclas

I thought I provided the version:
gradlew -Dversion=2.0 install

Or did I miss something?

Stephan

Jiri Jetmar

Jan 23, 2014, 3:39:23 AM1/23/14
to Stephan, qi4j...@googlegroups.com, Niclas Hedhman
Hello Stephan,

regarding the gradle build - what do you want to achieve ? At least me I;m usually not using the -Dversion parameter. In case you want to simply compile & play around with "Qi4j" simply use :

./gradlew   or
./gradlew -x test (to skip junit tests)

To import Qi4j in intellij IDEA simply execute :

./gradlew idea

Then open in IDEA the project. Works pretty well.

Eclipse "should" work as well by executing

./gradlew eclipse

..but I do not try it for a while.

Best Regards,
Jiri

Stephan

Jan 23, 2014, 5:05:32 AM1/23/14
to qi4j...@googlegroups.com, Stephan, Niclas Hedhman
Hi

OK, that's the information I needed.
I was following instructions in http://qi4j.org/latest/build-system.html, but obviously this is meant for developers of Qi4J.
Thanks!

Stephan

Paul Merlin

Jan 29, 2014, 12:05:17 PM1/29/14
to Stephan, qi4j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephan,

Stephan a écrit :
> Hi
>
> OK, that's the information I needed.
> I was following instructions
> in http://qi4j.org/latest/build-system.html, but obviously this is
> meant for developers of Qi4J.
> Thanks!
>
> Stephan
Yep it is. I tried to make that more clear in develop documentation:
http://qi4j.org/develop/build-system.html

Cheers

/Paul