can I take RAM as a Virtual disk to store chunk data?

杨效振

Apr 27, 2016, 4:12:38 AM4/27/16
to qfs-...@googlegroups.com
When we  create create a file or directory we are creating it at the disk through the chunkserver.
it means that the chunkdata are stored at the disk.now I want to make use of part of my RAM, such as 1024m ,
as a part of  disk.In other words I use part of my RAM as a Virtual disk to store the chunkdata.
How can do?do I need to change the source code or just modify configuration file ?

mcan...@quantcast.com

Apr 27, 2016, 11:32:14 AM4/27/16
to QFS Development
Hello,

After creating and mounting the RAM disk, all you need to do is to put the mount point in chunkserver configuration file. For instance;

chunkServer.chunkDir = /mnt/ram/

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions,