is elastic search + accumulo on QFS feasible

maste...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 9:59:29 AM3/27/16
to QFS Development
hi,
we plan to choose QFS to back elastic search + accumulo.
does anyone have done this before, if is it feasible?
it would be graceful for sharing experience on this usage.

thanks in advance.
david wu

Faraaz Sareshwala

Mar 27, 2016, 11:44:37 AM3/27/16
to qfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in qfs! Let us know if there’s something we can do to make your experience in using it better :).

Regarding your question, I haven’t heard of someone using qfs for elastic search or accumulo. Just to be clear, is the elastic search you’re talking about Amazon Elastic Search or something else? I’m not personally familiar with either elastic search or accumulo so I can’t speak to what it would involve to qfs up to work with either of those solutions. However, qfs is API compatible with Hadoop and HDFS and can be used in its place. If elastic search and accumulo use HDFS, then I can confidently say that qfs should work just fine in its place.

Let me know if that answers your questions or whether I can answer anything else for you :).

Faraaz