How can I speed up the network?

杨效振

May 11, 2016, 10:07:49 PM5/11/16
to QFS Development
hi,there
   I know that QFS communicate or transfer data by using TCP socket,does the network will be the bottleneck of the
QFS sytem?do I need to use some Network acceleration tool to improve the speed of the QFS system,
for example : accelio, mtcp + netmap/DPDK,etc
 thanks.

mcan...@quantcast.com

May 12, 2016, 6:41:39 PM5/12/16
to qfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We do make the assumption that network is not the bottleneck, which is true for most systems today considering the decreasing networking hardware costs.
Can you elaborate more on what kind of improvement you would aim for with these tools?

Mehmet

杨效振

May 12, 2016, 10:05:34 PM5/12/16
to QFS Development
I know that there is an comparison beteween QFS and HDFS,
it says that QFS is 75% faster at writing and 47% faster at reading.
can I improve the performance more faster by using network acceleration
tool?as we all know the traditional TCP socket is poor efficiency,it copys
data more frequently beteween NIC and main memory,kernel and userspace.

在 2016年5月13日星期五 UTC+8上午6:41:39,mcan...@quantcast.com写道:
Message has been deleted

mcan...@quantcast.com

May 13, 2016, 10:41:40 AM5/13/16
to QFS Development
Unfortunately, I haven't been around that long to make an insightful comment on this, but I can say that such an improvement is not currently in our agenda.
We'd be happy to hear your experience, if you decide to give it a try.

Mehmet