Re: [Q] Web Worker in the browser

Kris Kowal

Aug 13, 2013, 4:39:21 PM8/13/13
to Q Continuum
I am sorry for the delay on this issue. My inbox has been piling up what with too many projects.

We need regression tests for this case, for sure.

One bit of good news is that Domenic and I are gearing up for a future release of Q that will use CommonJS for its source form and we will be building the AMD and <script> variations with Browserify and publishing them on S3—or possibly just checking them into the repo if that does not work out.  I hope to revisit all of my projects with this approach and hopefully that will simplify the case of using Q-Connection in a Worker.

It goes without saying that we can use help.

Kris Kowal

Domenic Denicola

Aug 13, 2013, 4:57:53 PM8/13/13
to q-con...@googlegroups.com
I believe very recent changes in browserify have enabled it to work in web workers. You may want to look in to upgrading your browserify version.