Promises support coming to Chrome

Wout Mertens

Oct 7, 2013, 6:06:33 AM10/7/13
to q-con...@googlegroups.com
Whee!

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/blink/+/0b9f08ahttps://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/blink/+/0b9f08a

So, I know that any thenable can be made a Q promise, but does that mean that if these AP2 promises are faster than Q promises they will indeed stay faster when they are Q-wrapped?

Could Q be made to use these promises as a low-level implementation when available?

Wout.

Kris Kowal

Oct 17, 2013, 3:25:03 PM10/17/13
to Q Continuum
Q will probably continue to provide its own implementation of promises so that it can be used for RPC via Q-Connection. ECMAScript and DOM promises may not be suitable for message passing until they produce another iteration on the spec. I do not believe that there is enough political will to push for the RPC cases in the first iteration.

Q will probably adjust footing to align with the new standard interface so we can continue to provide relevant guidance and perhaps serve as a shim.