PYMC and pythonxy

Jan Kraus

Mar 4, 2012, 6:16:26 PM3/4/12
to python(x,y)
Did anyone succeded to install and run pymc for python(x,y).

I tried the recommended 'easy_install pymc' method but even after
installation in win32 I can not import the package in python console.
As a complete numb to windows python packaging I would be glad for any
help.

I am not even able to provide the result of easy install as it opens/
closes its console itself.

Jan

Gabi Davar

Oct 3, 2012, 1:17:42 PM10/3/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Could not reproduce - pymc install without a problem using easy_install.

It's much easier to use the binary installer:

the "easy_install" command must be entered from the "command prompt" to be able to capture the input.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:18:14 AM UTC+2, Brendon wrote:

Its been a while since this Jan posted the above question.

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone figured it out yet?

Brendon

Brendon

Oct 19, 2012, 5:23:31 AM10/19/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gabi.

PyMC is now installed, however another problem has occured.

When I import pymc I get the following error:

ImportError: DLL load failed: the specified module could not be found.

Any ideas?

Regards
Brendon

Gabi Davar

Oct 19, 2012, 9:52:10 AM10/19/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Brendon Hi,

Assistance cannot be given without details (A script and the exact full error message).

-gabi

Brendon

Oct 22, 2012, 4:44:00 AM10/22/12
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Gabi. I'm new to this and I'm not what you would call a programmer. Anyway lets try again.

I'm using windows 7 and Python(x,y) 2.7.2.3.
I normally use IPython and below is what is printed out on the IPython console if I type import pymc:

In [1]:    import pymc

ImportError                                                             Traceback(most recent call last)

C:\Users\Brendon\.xy\startups\<ipython console>  in  <module> ()

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pymc\__init__.pyc in <module>()

 26 from .PyMCObjects import *

 27 from .InstantiationDecorators import *

--->28 from .CommonDeterministics import *

 29 from .NumpyDeterministics import *

 30 from .distributions import *

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pymc\CommonDeterministics.py  in  <module>()

 18 from .numpy import sum, shape, size, ravel, sign, zeros, ones, broadcast,

newaxis

 19 import inspect, types

--->20 from .utils import safe_len, stukel_logit, stukel_invlogit, logit, invlo

git, value, find_element

 21 from copy import copy

 22 import sys

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pymc\utils.py in <module>()

   9 from copy import copy

 10 from .PyMCObjects import Variable

--->11 from .   import  flib

 12 import  pdb

 13 from numpy.linalg.linalg  import  LinAlgError

ImportError:  DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

Brendon

Mar 10, 2014, 5:00:29 AM3/10/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm revisiting this issue. Has anybody figured out how to get PyMC working with Pyhton(x,y)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Brendon

Gabi Davar

Mar 11, 2014, 2:17:01 PM3/11/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Have you tries gohike's binaries?

Brendon

Mar 12, 2014, 4:34:26 AM3/12/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Ok I think I have a solution.

1. Download and unpack PyMC.
2. From the command line change the directory to where you unpacked your PyMC.
3. Then in the command line type the following command.
python setup.py build install build --compiler=mingw32

Rick Jones

Mar 12, 2014, 7:04:57 PM3/12/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I had issues with PYMC version 2.x on PyPi related to it wanting to import components coded in Fortran, more luck with easy-install of the PYMC 3.0 package from here:

https://github.com/pymc-devs/pymc

The newer version doesn't depend on Fortran code, but you will need to get Theano installed (Theano being a sort of compiler of equations). Installing Theano
was easy for me, but maybe I'm just lucky.