Import Error in Numpy, fresh install

Wyatt Storches

Nov 14, 2013, 1:46:19 AM11/14/13
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just now installed on windows 7 64 bit machine.  Used all default settings, after having uninstalled all previous versions using the msi and then deleting all registry values left behind by (all) the other installations I gave up on (because I couldn't get numpy and/or scipy to work).

So the first thing I tried was;

>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 137, in <module>
    import add_newdocs
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>

    from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.py", line 13, in <modul
e>
    from polynomial import *
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\polynomial.py", line 17, in <mod
ule>
    from numpy.linalg import eigvals, lstsq, inv
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\linalg\__init__.py", line 48, in <mo
dule>
    from linalg import *
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\linalg\linalg.py", line 23, in <modu
le>
    from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite

<Sigh>

There IS a lapack_lite.pyd file in that directory.
Any help anyone could offer would be most happily appreciated.  Thanks!

--Wyatt--

pjaytycy

Nov 18, 2013, 4:56:11 AM11/18/13
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
You can check with dependency walker which DLL fails to load. It is probably a dll that is being loaded by lapack_lite.pyd
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

1) file->open->python.exe
(wait a bit...)
2) profile->start profiling->OK
(python starts)
3) in the Python prompt: import numpy

Wyatt Storches

Nov 19, 2013, 4:43:20 PM11/19/13
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this, it will come in handy in the future.

As to the original complaint, it sorted itself after a reboot.

--Wyatt--