Installation dilemma

Brenton Horne

Mar 9, 2015, 2:06:05 PM3/9/15
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On my PC (64 bit Windows 7 SP1) I have Python 2.7.8 installed (which I have in my PATH btw, so whenever I call "python" from the windows command prompt it calls python 2.7.8 and I use pywikibot sometimes which depends on this installation of python) and I have downloaded Python(x,y) 2.7.9 and whenever I run the installer I receive the message:

Python 2.7 is already installed on your computer.
It is recommended to uninstall it before installing Python(x,yz).
Do you want to install Python(x,y) anyway?

I have minimal technologic experience so I felt it was important for me to ask what happens if I click "Yes", can I expect big problems with my existing Python 2.7.8 installation?

Thanks for your time,
Brenton