Pythonxy and qutip

Stéphane Le Bec

Jan 28, 2015, 2:53:27 PM1/28/15
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I would like to know if somebody is using qutip with pythonxy.

I tried to install it but without success.
I have a problem with the link at the end of the procedure.
this the error message
ImportError: Building module qutip.cy.sparse_utils failed: ["LinkError: command
'gcc' failed with exit status 1\n"]
I am under  windows seven 64 bits.
I use 2.7.3.1 version of pythonxy.

This is the procedure.

Installation on Windows

QuTiP is primarily developed for Unix-based platforms such as Linux an Mac OS X, but it can also be used on Windows. We have limited experience and ability to help troubleshoot problems on Windows, but the following installation steps have been reported to work:

  1. Install the Python(X,Y) distribution (tested with version 2.7.3.1). Other Python distributions, such as Enthought Python Distribution or Anaconda CE have also been reported to work.

  2. When installing Python(x,y), explicitly select to include the Cython package in the installation. This package is not selected by default.

  3. Add the following content to the file C:/Python27/Lib/distutils/distutils.cfg (or create the file if it does not already exists):

    [build]
    compiler = mingw32

    [build_ext]
    compiler = mingw32

The directory where the distutils.cfg file should be placed might be different if you have installed the Python environment in a different location than in the example above.

  1. Obtain the QuTiP source code and installed it following the instructions given above.