New to Python

Colby Christensen

Jan 13, 2014, 3:15:02 PM1/13/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to teach myself to program in Python. I haven't programmed since my basic programming class as an engineering undergrad (long time ago). My understanding is that Python (x,y) uses Python 2.7. I have begun with Python 3 and would like to stick with that. What is the time frame when Python (x,y) will run Python 3? My end goal is to develop some civil/structural engineering programs. So far I have only been able to find this project and Pyzo that are geared toward engineering. I'm open to any recommendations.
Thanks

Tim Michelsen

Jan 17, 2014, 2:11:39 PM1/17/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com
> (long time ago). My understanding is that Python (x,y) uses Python 2.7.
> I have begun with Python 3 and would like to stick with that. What is
> the time frame when Python (x,y) will run Python 3?
See ethisch here:
http://winpython.sourceforge.net/

Ghanima

Jan 26, 2014, 6:53:18 PM1/26/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com

Hu?

1) "WinPython is not an attempt to replace Python(x,y)"
2) "Python (2.7, 3.x in the near future)"

Kind regards

Pierre....@cea.fr

Jan 29, 2014, 11:00:39 AM1/29/14
to pyth...@googlegroups.com

Obviously WinPython homepage is not up-to-date : Python 3 is already supported (see downloads).

WinPython is not an attempt to replace Python(x,y) means that it’s not intented to be the next step in evolution for Python(x,y) [at least, not necessarily] but it already is targetting the same audience (in terms of technical field) as Python(x,y).