Mahotas

Dipankar Ganguly

Aug 6, 2016, 3:48:50 AM8/6/16
to pythonvision
I am using Jupyter under  Anaconda Navigator on my mac running OS 10.11.6. My current project is on image processing. I need to read .jpeg and DICOM files and then work on them using various image processing functions. Is mahotas good for such things? If so how do I install it in my Anaconda environment and use it from Jupyter. I already have an environment with numpy, matplotlib etc loaded.

Thanks.

Dipu

Luis Pedro Coelho

Aug 6, 2016, 6:13:17 AM8/6/16
to python...@googlegroups.com
Yes, mahotas (and python in general) is likely to be helpful, but I'm
not sure exactly which image processing functionality you are
looking for.

On anaconda, the easiest way is to install the conda forge packages:

conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda install mahotas

HTH
Luis