How to detect cars on the image?

Alexandr Pischanskyy

Jun 5, 2015, 10:10:49 AM6/5/15
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am looking for a solution for my problem. I have an image (see attachment), on which I want to detect all the cars. I tried to follow this http://pythonvision.org/basic-tutorial/ but it seams that it is not suitable for my case, see some results in the attachment. I could not find any suitable example, and I do not have enough knowledge of the topic to be able to find solution myself. I can guess that I need some technique for shape detection but I cannot perform it directly.

Please help me with the procedure. It would be nice to have some step-by-step instruction on how to solve the problem.

Thank you.
Regards,
Alexandr
2015-06-04_10_22_47.png
test_mahotas_gauss.png

Jean-Patrick Pommier

Jun 9, 2015, 1:26:37 PM6/9/15
to python...@googlegroups.com
there's dedicaced things to detect cars in opencv https://pythonspot.com/car-tracking-with-cascades/ may be suited for your images

http://dip4fish.blogspot.fr/
Dedicated to Digital Image Processing for FISH, QFISH and other things about the telomeres.

Alexandr Pischanskyy

Jun 10, 2015, 2:06:09 AM6/10/15
to python...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information. It seams rather interesting approach. I will check it out.