[X-POST] I Know What You Are Going To Do This Summer 2017

Sayan Chowdhury

Apr 13, 2017, 8:24:10 AM4/13/17
to Bangalore Python Users Group - India, NCR Python Users Group India, chen...@python.org, pytho...@googlegroups.com, pyladi...@googlegroups.com, python...@googlegroups.com, ko...@python.org, nitd...@googlegroups.com, django...@python.org
Hi,

Do you want to see your name next time you install GNU/Linux in your
friend's computer?

If yes, then go ahead and read ...

We are happy to announce the 10th edition of "I Know What You Are
Going To Do This Summer 2017",[1] a free (as in freedom), online
(IRC-based) [2] training
sessions for new comers to Free/Libre/Open Source Software at #dgplug
on irc.freenode.net [3].

If you are a mentor, or trainer, or prospective enthusiast who would
like to participate in this years' sessions please go through last
years' IRC logs:

http://www.dgplug.org/irclogs/

We will have a review or Q&A session on last years' sessions before we
proceed into new topics, this year.

The session timings are mostly varying, usually after 1900 IST every day.

To participate, you need a good internet connection and any latest
Linux Distribution installed (Fedora 25 preferably ). Anyone can
participate.
We do get participants from all across the world, so this is real
chance for you to make friends in the community.

What we teach?
===============

Through this training we build contributors. Upon completing this
training you will be able to successfully contribute to upstream
projects, you will
know the tools used by different upstream projects and yes, we will
teach you how to solve real life problem using Python programming
language.

Guest sessions
=============

Through out the training we organize special sessions from well known
upstream contributors. They share their own stories, and take in-depth
sessions on various subjects. You can find the list of guest speakers in the
website (and there will be more people joining in later).

As we are celebrating the 10th edition of our dgplug training, we are
going to have more sessions this year compared to the previous years.

To know more
=============

[4] is an interview on opensource.com about this training. [5] is the
talk we had in PyCon 2014 on the same topic.

How to participate?
====================

If you are interested in participating, please confirm your
participation by filling up this [6] form.
This training is for open to anyone and everyone so share the news
among your family and friends.

Probable Starting Time
IRC Channel: #dgplug on Freenode server

[1] https://dgplug.org/summertraining17/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo
[4] http://opensource.com/life/14/6/enroll-now-free-online-open-source-programming-classes
[5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5YV5KzIbOc
[6] http://bit.ly/dgplugst2017form

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform

Proud to work at The Open Organization!