January 2018 Python Pune meetup

Bhavin Gandhi

Jan 12, 2018, 6:16:50 AM1/12/18
to pytho...@googlegroups.com, pyladi...@googlegroups.com
January 2018 Python Pune meetup[1]

2018 is here and now it's time for another Python Pune meetup. This time
we have some interesting talks followed by a Hackathon lined up for you,
which will commence on 21st of January 2018.

Agenda

* [10:00 to 10:20] Quick introduction

* [10:20 to 10:40] Importance of CI/CD and why monoliths are overrated
By Divij Sehgal

* [10:40 to 11:00] Object detection using OpenCV By Tushar Nitave

* [11:00 to 11:20] Building simple application with Tkinter By Nikhil
Dhandre

* [11:20 to 11:40] Python in Telecom Application By Phonologies (India)
Private Limited

* [11:40 to 12:15] Break and networking

* [12:15 onward] Hackathon followed by small presentation of work done.
[This session will be organized and conducted by Phonologies (India)
Private Limited]

Prerequisite for Hackathon

* We request you to bring fully charged laptops and please carry a power
strip if possible.

* Basics of Python, any database system and REST calls.

Requirements for meetup:

* If you know how to ON or OFF computer and having hunger to learn as
well as having a laptop with 2GB+ RAM (With GNU/Linux installed), you
are welcome to join.

* It is good to have some programming experience.

Is this workshop a free event?

* Yes, it is absolutely free of charge. The only thing you need to do is
to show up to the event day with your laptop and prerequisites. How can
I register for this meetup?
* Since, we have the limited number of seats for this workshop (approx:
30 people). You can register by sending an email to
"punep...@gmail.com" with the following format:

Subject: Registration for January Python Pune meetup

Body: In the body of an email, Include: your name, email-id, phone
number, Meetup profile ID.

NOTE: We prefer First Come First Serve RSVP for the meetup and seats are
limited.

* Once we receive the email, we will confirm your RSVP to "Yes" on
meetup page (depending upon availability of seats)
* The event is free and anyone can join who knows Python Programming
language and wanted to learn the language.

How can I submit a talk?

* You can talk submit any talks which are related to Python Programming
language, new libraries learned this year or created something awesome
projects or something new in Data Science/ machine
learning/Automation/Cloud/containers/Hardware.

* Go to the meetup event page[1] and add the talk topic and what you are
going to cover in the talk within 20 mins in the comment section and
drop a private message to me with contact details.

Contacts

* Vishal Vijayraghavan

* Bhavin Gandhi

[1] https://www.meetup.com/PythonPune/events/246394085