Generic scraper for data collection from multiple websites.

Karan Ahuja

Oct 14, 2014, 5:02:03 AM10/14/14
to mu...@googlegroups.com, Bangalore Python Users Group - India, PuneStartups, mr...@googlegroups.com, pune...@googlegroups.com, lean-star...@googlegroups.com, bangaloreocc, barcampmumbai2, PythonPune, python...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

For a data analysis project - we had to scrape multiple websites (of the order of 100)
and we had to do this fast with very less turn around time.

So we developed a REST service over scrapy to create declarative configs and scrape large number of websites very fast by minimizing development time.

It is here - http://genscrape.in/

It is free for now and we are looking for feedback to decide on the roadmap (if car starts :).

Please let us know what you think and do share with friends.

TC
Karan
http://kodeplay.com/
http://genscrape.in/
http://choiceman.in/

Karan Ahuja

Oct 14, 2014, 2:47:20 PM10/14/14
to Parth Jani, pytho...@googlegroups.com
My advice

Chill the fuck out first with dope .

Then

Chill the fuck out by meditation

Then

Write to this list again.

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014, Parth Jani <pdja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, Karan

i am Parth Jani from Gujrat & i am student of MCA last semster so i will find out project training in IT company so plz help & Suggestion me about which prog. lang on doing project so  best for make a good future, Python is best..? get a good job in python..?
which companies working on python at pune.

Reply Soon
Thanks

- Parth Jani

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे

Oct 18, 2014, 5:43:21 AM10/18/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Karan Ahuja <karan2...@gmail.com> wrote:
My advice

Chill the fuck out first with dope .

Then

Chill the fuck out by meditation

Then

Write to this list again.

Dude - what are you doing ?
Such language is uncalled for.
Also - why copy this list on your reply ?

-Mandar

Karan Ahuja

Oct 18, 2014, 11:13:51 AM10/18/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.
Plz forgive.

ThinRhino

Oct 19, 2014, 10:36:08 AM10/19/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
On 18-10 15:13, Karan Ahuja wrote:
> Sorry.
> Plz forgive.

Kindly take a break.

Google for 'Mailing list etiquettes' and FOLLOW them.

I had missed your earlier email, anyways, this is the first and last warning.

You want to be sarcastic, be my guest, but use clean language.

Cheers
Moderator - Python Pune

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे

Oct 19, 2014, 2:39:49 PM10/19/14
to pythonpune
You want to be sarcastic, be my guest

On mailing lists ? Why ?
What purpose does sarcastic email serve ? What value does it add ?

-Mandar

ThinRhino

Oct 20, 2014, 1:09:48 AM10/20/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
People are free to respond in any way they deem fit to respond to a query. No
moral policing. Only, a certain level of decenecy has to be maintained.

Cheers
Aditya