Re: [Inpycon] PyCon Pune Cancelled ?

Kushal Das

Feb 18, 2017, 7:16:13 AM2/18/17
to Mailing list for the PyCon India conference, pypune-...@meetup.com, Python Pune
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Shiv Kumar <shiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I went to Pycon Pune conference venue [AMANORA The Fern Hotels and Club, Pune] today. But it seems that main conference canceled. How did this happen without any pre-confirmation?
>
> I even checked PyCon website [https://pune.pycon.org] today and event date is 16th to 19th Feb at above new location.

It looks like you've misread the instructions on the website. The
conference is in two parts - the main conference and developer
sprints. The main conference happened on Thursday and Friday at
Amanora "The Fern" Club and the dev sprints are at the Red Hat office
on Saturday and Sunday - in fact I am writing to you from the dev
sprints.

If you have a dev sprint ticket, feel free to come to the Red Hat
office in Magarpatta City. Dev sprint teams have started winding up
now for today, but you can come say hi to us. If not, feel free to
join us tomorrow after 9AM.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer

Shiv Kumar

Feb 22, 2017, 12:24:06 PM2/22/17
to Mailing list for the PyCon India conference, Python Pune, pypune-...@meetup.com
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Kushal Das <kush...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Shiv Kumar <shiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I went to Pycon Pune conference venue [AMANORA The Fern Hotels and Club, Pune] today. But it seems that main conference canceled. How did this happen without any pre-confirmation?
>
> I even checked PyCon website [https://pune.pycon.org] today and event date is 16th to 19th Feb at above new location.

It looks like you've misread the instructions on the website.  The
conference is in two parts - the main conference and developer
sprints.  The main conference happened on Thursday and Friday at
Amanora "The Fern" Club and the dev sprints are at the Red Hat office
on Saturday and Sunday - in fact I am writing to you from the dev
sprints.

This information is not available anywhere on website that devsprint is happing on 18th and 19th.

If you have a dev sprint ticket, feel free to come to the Red Hat
office in Magarpatta City.  Dev sprint teams have started winding up
now for today, but you can come say hi to us.  If not, feel free to
join us tomorrow after 9AM.

I have ticket for conference only(Which was initially schedule for 18th and 19th Feb). Can i join devsprint tomorrow on this ticket?

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer