Regarding bringing PyCon India 2017 to Pune

chandan kumar

Jul 26, 2016, 8:00:04 AM7/26/16
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As you all know PyCon India Community has asked for hosting PyCon India 2017 in different active Python User meetup group locations.
The Python Pune community is one of the most active Python User group in India, I think we should bring PyCon India 2017 to Pune (India).

Before committing the same to PyCon India Community, the primary thing is to find a Conference Venue (actual physical location) within Pune.

These are the primary things to be kept in mind before deciding on the Venue -

* Should be in the prime location within Pune and easily accessible by the different modes of transport.
* Should have a clutch of good hotels and restaurants nearby.
* At least 2 large halls with possibly a central Hall (for Keynotes).
* Sitting Capacity:
    - 1st Hall - 900-1100
    - 2nd and 3rd Hall - 300-500
* Open Spaces for hosting Devsprint and Open Space
* Space to put sponsors booth.
* Good to have a separate room for the inventory.
* A dining area to cater food to the participants.
* Infrastructure to support internet connection.

Good to have
* Ground floor halls are preferable as it will help attendees to reach the correct place without many troubles.
* Good A/V or possibility/space for arranging good A/V.
* Good projector infrastructure.
* Reasonable Acoustics in Halls and Rooms.

Optional:
* Space for setting up Child care facility

Every year at AGM of PSSI, the next venue for PyCon India is decided. As you might know that this year it is going to be held in Delhi from September 23rd-25th, 2016 so we just have a month's time. It would be good if we can come up with locations before the next Python Pune meetup. So that the discussion can be done during the meetup itself.

Feel free to reply to this email with the venue along with the reasons to support your decision.

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar

raju vindane

Aug 1, 2016, 3:17:36 AM8/1/16
to Python Pune
Reply Inline.

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 5:30:04 PM UTC+5:30, chandan kumar wrote:
Hello,

As you all know PyCon India Community has asked for hosting PyCon India 2017 in different active Python User meetup group locations.
The Python Pune community is one of the most active Python User group in India, I think we should bring PyCon India 2017 to Pune (India).

Before committing the same to PyCon India Community, the primary thing is to find a Conference Venue (actual physical location) within Pune.

We recently organized Mini Debian Conference Pune at College of Engineering Pune (COEP). And as per your requirements Here are my reasons on why I think that
COEP is the Ideal location fot PyCon India 2017

These are the primary things to be kept in mind before deciding on the Venue -

* Should be in the prime location within Pune and easily accessible by the different modes of transport.
COEP is located at Shivaji Nagar. The central part of Pune and also easily accessible.

* Should have a clutch of good hotels and restaurants nearby.
A good number of hotels are nearby.

* At least 2 large halls with possibly a central Hall (for Keynotes).
* Sitting Capacity:
    - 1st Hall - 900-1100
    - 2nd and 3rd Hall - 300-500
We used there Mini Auditorium which had a capacity of around 300. We have not used there main Auditorium but they said its
capacity is for over 900 people.

* Open Spaces for hosting Devsprint and Open Space
* Space to put sponsors booth.
Plenty of open spaces and large corridors to put booths and stalls etc.

* Good to have a separate room for the inventory.
There are many available. We used a class room as an inventory for us.

* A dining area to cater food to the participants.
You can use the spacious class rooms for that. Also the open spaces are good enough as well.

* Infrastructure to support internet connection.

They have a good Internet Infrastructure with web based logins. They provided guest login codes to every attendee. Similar can be done for PyCon

Good to have
* Ground floor halls are preferable as it will help attendees to reach the correct place without many troubles.
Mini Auditorium and a big computer lab (180 computers capacity) is on the ground floor. All other class rooms on 1st and 2nd floor are easily accessible via two stairs
and a lift.

* Good A/V or possibility/space for arranging good A/V.
Good arrangemnets

* Good projector infrastructure.
Theres one in every class room
* Reasonable Acoustics in Halls and Rooms.

Good arrangements already
Optional:
* Space for setting up Child care facility
We need to figure this out, but we can come up with some solution fo this as well.

Every year at AGM of PSSI, the next venue for PyCon India is decided. As you might know that this year it is going to be held in Delhi from September 23rd-25th, 2016 so we just have a month's time. It would be good if we can come up with locations before the next Python Pune meetup. So that the discussion can be done during the meetup itself.

Feel free to reply to this email with the venue along with the reasons to support your decision.

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar

Thanks,
Raju Vindane