[reserved-bit][Workshop] Upcoming events (#wat2do #python101)

Nisha Poyarekar

May 30, 2017, 3:04:38 AM5/30/17
to pytho...@googlegroups.com, PyLadies Pune
Hello,
We at reserved-bit are deeply interested in growing and sustaining the DIY/maker culture in Pune.
With that in mind, we have regular events and workshops at the makerspace.

This weekend is our power-packed weekend with 2 workshops:

June 3, 2017
Saturday
i want 2 do project. tell me wat 2 do by Shakthi Kannan [Paid]
Get your tickets here (http://imojo.in/22pc7e)

The #wat2do workshop is designed to get people started in working with Free and Open Source Software (F/OSS) projects.

It is a one-day practical workshop that is based on the book with the same name. It addresses the following modules:

  •  Mailing list guidelines
  •  Project communication
  •  Project guidelines
  •  Development guidelines
  •  Methodology of work
  •  Tools
  •  Reading and Writing
  •  Sustenance

The best communication practices, project and development guidelines will be discussed. The use of Git as a version control tool will be introduced.

A number of practical exercises will be given to learn the art and approach to problem solving.

You are required to bring a laptop for the workshop, and you can use your favourite programming language for the hands-on exercises.

Pre-requisite: Laptop

June 4, 2017
Sunday
Python 101 by Kushal Das [Paid][Lunch provided]
Get your tickets here (http://imojo.in/bc4whc)

An introductory session for Python, we will see how we can use the Python programming language to solve our daily life problems.

Kushal has written a book - Python for you and me (http://pymbook.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) - to learn Python for people who are completely new to the language.

This workshop is a great entry point for people wishing to participate in various Python programming groups like Python Pune and

PyLadies Pune as it will help them clear the basics of the language and become much more productive during those meetups and hackfests.

Please inform your friends and colleagues, if they are looking to join the fascinating python community

Pre-requisite: Laptop

Regards,
Nisha