Wiki update of AsyncIO libraries

Ludovic Gasc

Jul 18, 2015, 10:22:02 AM7/18/15
to python...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is everybody who has written an AsyncIO library/tool could verify that the library is present on our toolbox wiki page:

If not, please to send me an e-mail directly.

FYI, I'll print this page to show it during the EuroPython poster session the next week.

Have a nice week-end.

A. Jesse Jiryu Davis

Jul 18, 2015, 11:04:48 PM7/18/15
to python...@googlegroups.com
Andrew Svetlov and I are adapting Motor, my asynchronous MongoDB Driver for Tornado, to be compatible with asyncio as well. It's not ready so I wouldn't add it to the list yet. But just a heads up that I plan to add it to the list later this year. =)

Peace,
Jesse

Ludovic Gasc

Jul 19, 2015, 5:52:51 PM7/19/15
to A. Jesse Jiryu Davis, python-tulip
Thank you Jesse and everybody who has sent me some new projects, I've update the wiki page.
I'll try to reprint that tomorrow.

BTW, I've published a small EuroPython schedule for AsyncIO curious/newcomers: http://blog.gmludo.eu/2015/07/europython-2015-schedule-for-asyncio.html
Or create an original tweet, be my guest ;-)

See you tomorrow.

--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)

David Keeney

Jul 20, 2015, 2:15:23 PM7/20/15
to Ludovic Gasc, python...@googlegroups.com
Mr Gasc:

I have written (actually adapted) several libraries for asyncio, all under the 'yieldfrom' namespace:

yieldfrom.httplib
yieldfrom.urllib2
yieldfrom.urllib3
yieldfrom.requests
yieldfrom.botocore

All of these are on my github page: http://github.com/rdbhost , and most are on pypi as well.

Each is a straight adaptation of the non-asyncio library, from the stdlib or pypi, keeping the API as close to the original as practical.

I would appreciate you adding each of these to your github asyncio wiki.

David

Naveen Michaud-Agrawal

Jul 29, 2015, 10:47:37 AM7/29/15
to python-tulip, gml...@gmail.com, dke...@travelbyroad.net
These look great! I've been looking for an async version of boto and requests!

Giampaolo Rodola'

Aug 7, 2015, 1:03:24 PM8/7/15
to Ludovic Gasc, python...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome. I had no idea asyncio had so much support frameworks.
I think this should be referenced in the official asyncio doc.

Victor Stinner

Aug 7, 2015, 7:45:26 PM8/7/15
to Giampaolo Rodola', python-tulip, Ludovic Gasc

Le 7 août 2015 19:03, "Giampaolo Rodola'" <g.ro...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> I think this should be referenced in the official asyncio doc.

I disagree. This list is moving fast whereas Python doc is moving slowly. Some projects also moved to a new url. I prefer a wiki page and asyncio.org.

Victor

Guido van Rossum

Aug 8, 2015, 5:28:00 AM8/8/15
to Victor Stinner, Giampaolo Rodolà, Ludovic Gasc, python-tulip

But the docs could link to the wiki page.