Tips and tricks to track memory leaks in realtime inside an AsyncIO daemon ?

Ludovic Gasc

Jun 17, 2018, 11:29:18 AM6/17/18
to asyn...@python.org, python-tulip
Hi,

We have now an AsyncIO daemon with memory leaks.

To track this, I'm thinking to use this:
and objgraph.

But, because it's a live daemon and not a script, instead to implement an HTTP endpoint to launch the memory snapshot locally, I'm thinking to use epdb:
https://github.com/sassoftware/epdb
To have directly a Python console to explore interactively inside the process to have a more flexible way to debug.

I did a quick'n'dirty lab', it seems to work more or less to run epdb inside a thread executor, but before to continue on this idea, I'm interested in how you track your memory leaks inside your AsyncIO daemons ?

Thanks for your feedbacks.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)

Ludovic Gasc

Jun 18, 2018, 5:33:42 PM6/18/18
to alex.g...@nextday.fi, asyn...@python.org, python-tulip
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip, I will dig in it.

Have a nice week-end.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)

Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 09:52, <alex.g...@nextday.fi> a écrit :
I've done something similar but using aioconsole instead of epdb.