Writing Redis in Python with asyncio: Part 1

Victor Stinner

Mar 26, 2015, 1:14:26 PM3/26/15
to python-tulip
James Saryerwinnie wrote an article:
http://jamesls.com/writing-redis-in-python-with-asyncio-part-1.html

I just saw it in the Python Weekly mailing list.

Victor

Luca Sbardella

Mar 26, 2015, 6:51:42 PM3/26/15
to Victor Stinner, python-tulip
Pulsar has a fully functional redis server built on asyncio.

Some benchmarks for the SET command (pypy to the rescue)

https://gist.github.com/lsbardel/8068579

lua scripting not available but possible.
I would be great to have python scripting!

Regards

Ludovic Gasc

Mar 26, 2015, 7:41:29 PM3/26/15
to Luca Sbardella, Victor Stinner, python-tulip
Thanks for the links, it's very interesting to see that a pure Python implementation it isn't too far compare to the speed of official Redis implementation.
It should be interesting to see the behaviour you have with more clients and requests: if you continue to keep same difference or if Python implementation falls down.

--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)