aioeventlet 0.5 released

Victor Stinner

Feb 22, 2016, 8:52:23 AM2/22/16
to python-tulip
Hi,

I released aioeventlet 0.5, since the tests failed on the 0.4 Debian package.
http://aioeventlet.readthedocs.org/

aioeventlet: "aioeventlet implements the asyncio API (PEP 3156) on top
of eventlet. It makes possible to write asyncio code in a project
currently written for eventlet."

When aioeventlet 0.4 was released, eventlet didn't work fully on
Python 3 and so Trollius was recommended. With eventlet 0.5, it's the
opposite: since Trollius is now deprecated, it's now recommended to
use asyncio with Python 3.

Changes between aioevent 0.4 and 0.5:

* Unit tests now use the aiotest library.
* Fix for eventlet used with monkey-patching: inject the original
threading module and the original threading.get_ident() function in
asyncio.base_events.
* Drop support for Python 2.6 and Python 3.2. aioeventlet depends on
trollius and pip which don't support these Python versions anymore.

Victor

Victor Stinner

Feb 22, 2016, 11:43:23 AM2/22/16
to python-tulip
> I released aioeventlet 0.5, since the tests failed on the 0.4 Debian package.
> http://aioeventlet.readthedocs.org/

Oh, tests failed with Python 3.4.4+ and Python 3.5.1+ because of the
new behaviour of loop.stop().

It's now fixed in the new bugfix release aioeventlet 0.5.1. Profit!

Victor