UK has openings for Python programmers

Varun D

Jan 21, 2015, 11:02:46 PM1/21/15
to python-mena, Ryan Howard

Hi Guys,

This may be spammy but nothing wrong in pushing out an opportunity for my fellow Python developers. Below is a request from Ryan who works for Sola Group Recruiting.

PS: Hope to have more of our meetups!!

Cheers,

----------------Direct quote from Ryan:---------

My Client is a venture backed, intelligent trading platform for the digital outdoor media market. The first product of its kind in the UK, it gives advertisers and agencies direct control of their outdoor campaigns through state-of-the-art tools and meaningful audience insights.

-          Mid level Python developer around £50,000 – Senior/Lead Python developer around £75,000 – London – Permanent – Telephone interview slots this week! -

Necessary Experience

The core requirement is Python and Django experience. But we believe experience with a range languages and frameworks provides a good foundation for

sound software engineering practice. You should be familiar with information architecture, server infrastructure, optimization techniques, load testing.

• Strong javascript and very good experience with common javascript libraries, like jQuery

• Experience with JavaScript frameworks: AngularJS, Backbone.js, emberjs, etc.

• Very good RDBMS and SQL experience, especially Postgresql or similar open-source RDBMS

• Experience working in TDD, Agile environments

• Experience with source/version control software such as SVN and/or Git

• Experience with working in a structured development environment with rigorous processes for on-time delivery, quality, security and swift and accurate translation of client requirements into implementations that can stand up to scrutiny.

• An excellent knowledge of software design practices including modularity, clear documentation, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, responsive design, extensibility and testability

Experience with the following is advantageous:

• Continuous integration (like Jenkins)

• Automated provisioning (like Ansible)

• noSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, etc.)

Varun Dhanwantri