Fwd: Meetup Highlights

azizmb.in

Jun 8, 2014, 3:39:56 AM6/8/14
to python-mena
Hello World!

This comes a little late, as I've been a little under the weather lately. In any case, thanks everyone who came. We had a great constructive meet up.

Israel's talk was quite insightful, and as early members of the community we were able to relate quite a bit.

A few things that were discussed as action points for future meetups are:
  1. Meetups every month, on the first monday of the month. Hence, next meetup scheduled for 7 July (prospectively at 4:30 pm).
  2. Market and publicize the next meetup more on facebook, Meetup.com (This is the community that Clark started, head on over and join, we'll probably handle event logistics there)
  3. Do a hands on session next meetup, eg, Simple django/flask app from start to deployment on heroku. Floor is open for topic suggestions.
On the whole, I think we had a great discussion, and a lot of interesting points came up. Lets keep the momentum steady.

I'm still a little medicated so I might have left out something, please feel free to add.

Attached are a few pictures from the event.

--
Abde Sayedna,
Aziz M. Bookwala

azizmb.in

Jun 8, 2014, 3:54:05 AM6/8/14
to python-mena
There is an issue with sending large attachments to google groups, I've uploaded the photos to drive, and can be accessed using the link below. Hopefully this should not have issues with permissions.

Israel

Jun 8, 2014, 4:28:23 AM6/8/14
to azizmb.in, python-mena
Great, already followed and retweeted from my account and @PyConVE, i'll setup later @PyConVE for automatic retweets and stuff.