Python code to extrace data from webpage

Aman Mediratta

Jan 3, 2017, 1:41:29 PM1/3/17
to Python GCU Forum
Hi,

I want to write python code to extract data from webpage.
I have written code in perl using "wget" and "curl" but these system commands does not work for all websites.

-Aman

Moid Shaikh

Jan 12, 2017, 5:11:06 PM1/12/17
to Python GCU Forum
You can use requests and beautifulsoup modules in python

Aman Mediratta

Jan 12, 2017, 5:13:49 PM1/12/17
to python-g...@googlegroups.com
Can you share an example ?
I use linux mint OS. I was not able to install beautifulsoup for either python2 or python3.
I used the pip command and it even showed installation successfully completed, but the code errors out.

Regards,
Aman
‎"If Tetris has taught me anything it's that errors pile up and accomplishments disappear."