Using PyPDF in a web application.

Tasya Aditya Rukmana

Mar 2, 2015, 10:54:18 AM3/2/15
to python-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I'm creating an application that requires me to use PyPdf. However, since the one using the application is not tech-savvy I'm planning to create a web-app (or something with GUI). Maybe I'll create the webapp with Flask but I'm confused on how can I send the data from the database to PyPdf and vice versa in a web server. Thank you!

Lautaro Colombo

Jun 5, 2015, 9:58:30 AM6/5/15
to python-g...@googlegroups.com
PyPDF is deprecated. You can read in their website:

"This page is no longer updated. I've stopped maintaining pyPdf, and a company named Phaseit has forked the project and continued development and maintenance with my blessing as pyPdf2 ( http://knowah.github.com/PyPDF2/)."

And that repository has been deleted.

I suggest you to try ReportLab (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/reportlab). They have a very extensive user guide here