I upgraded the Tablet to "Lollipop" (Android OS 5.0) and now I cannot run my Python apps.

merrill.sc...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2014, 1:33:49 PM11/19/14
to python-fo...@googlegroups.com
A couple of years ago, I downloaded the following application tools to my Nexus 7 Android tablet:

https://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/list
sl4a_r6.apk

https://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/downloads/list
Python3ForAndroid_r6.apk

I wrote several programs in Python that I find VERY useful.

Unfortunately, yesterday I upgraded the Tablet to "Lollipop" (Android OS 5.0) and now I cannot run my apps.

If I start up SL4A, it lists all of my Python programs.  If I try to run any of them, though, I get a blank screen with the keyboard at the bottom.

Touching the settings icon (3 vertical dots in the lower right corner) causes the following error to appear:

   "Unfortunately, SL4A has stopped"

Is there a newer version of sl4a_r*.apk or Python3ForAndroid_r*.apk that I need to install?

    Scott