doit task subdirectory execution

Franco Mariluis

Dec 23, 2014, 9:39:13 AM12/23/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi, is there a way to execute a task if I am deep beneath the directory structure?

For example:

dir_1/
  dodo.py
   dir_2/
     dir_3/
      I want to execute 'doit task' here, without specifying the path to 'dodo.py'

In Fabric, this is automatic, 'fab task' works anywhere.

I couldn't find this in the documentation.

Thanks!

Franco

Eduardo Schettino

Dec 23, 2014, 10:15:07 AM12/23/14
to python-doit
 Hi Franco,

You need to pass an option `--seek-file`.
It is documented here: http://pydoit.org/cmd_run.html#dodo-file

Looks like the docs are not clear enough. patches improving it are welcome.
You can find reasoning and how it should be used somewhere in this group's mail archives.

cheers,
  Eduardo

Franco Mariluis

Dec 23, 2014, 10:21:48 AM12/23/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, thanks!

Can this flag be configured to be the default behavior, for example via an environment variable or something like that?

Franco

Eduardo Schettino

Dec 23, 2014, 10:52:22 AM12/23/14
to python-doit

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Franco Mariluis <fmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perfect, thanks!

Can this flag be configured to be the default behavior, for example via an environment variable or something like that?

 - Environment variable: not possible (patches welcome)
 - create an alias
 - make your dodo.py an executeable and add it to your path

Franco Mariluis

Dec 23, 2014, 11:13:03 AM12/23/14
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
An alias will suffice for now, but I'll try to write something regarding the environment variable.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Franco