v0.3.0 released, and I've migrated code to git, hosted on github

Jonathan Hartley

Apr 19, 2014, 6:00:25 AM4/19/14
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

v0.3.0 of Colorama is up on PyPI, with a couple of the most urgent fixes done:
  * Fix always-crash on non-Windows platforms, reported by Matt McCormick.
  * Fix issue #47, incompatible with pyreadline.

To do this, I finally got a Windows development environment up again. I was having terrible problems with Mercurial, so in the end I just migrated the repository to git, but couldn't preserve the history for reasons given below.

While I was at it, I've moved the code hosting to github:

Issues will remain on google code for a while, until I fix a few them migrate the outstanding ones over.

Probably not of interest to anyone, but FWIW, my Mercurial trouble:

Firstly it wouldn't run my Win7 machine, it would just hang forever (even if just running 'hg --version'.) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using both the different 'needs admin' and 'doesn't need admin' installers, using the TortoiseHg install, and installing the previous point release, all to no avail. In the end I got it working by installing Python2.7 and installing hg from source using 'python2.7 setup.py install'.

But then my repository seemed to be corrupted. After a couple of commits, I was no longer able to make any more, it gave some error about 'node didn't exist'. Similarly, looking at the commit history with diffs would fail after a couple of commits, with the same error.

So I exported the latest source, put it into a new git repo, and uploaded to github. Problem solved, but I've lost the history.

Best,

   Jonathan