L1: Unable to proceed

Sudhir Behani

Oct 16, 2014, 10:39:43 AM10/16/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
can i get any help. unable to proceed ?

Nadav Samet

Oct 16, 2014, 11:02:47 AM10/16/14
to Sudhir Behani, python-c...@googlegroups.com
You see an image with letters and arrows. There's some ciphered text below it - what would you try?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Sudhir Behani <sudhir...@gmail.com> wrote:
can i get any help. unable to proceed ?

-Nadav

Sudhir Behani

Oct 16, 2014, 11:15:42 AM10/16/14
to Nadav Samet, python-c...@googlegroups.com
I have tried following things :-

* Reversing the text.
* Finding the sub-string "koe / mqg"
* From programming perspective, image gives an impression that k = m, o = q, e = g. ( but this does not look much useful ).

Am I thinking in the wrong direction ?

Nadav Samet

Oct 16, 2014, 1:26:59 PM10/16/14
to Sudhir Behani, python-c...@googlegroups.com
If k -> m, o -> q, e -> g, ...., then maybe also a->c?
--
-Nadav

Sudhir Behani

Oct 16, 2014, 1:28:19 PM10/16/14
to Nadav Samet, python-c...@googlegroups.com
Any info if I am in the right direction?

Nadav Samet

Oct 16, 2014, 2:02:11 PM10/16/14
to Sudhir Behani, python-c...@googlegroups.com
a -> c, b -> d, see the patten?
--
-Nadav

Martin Ochoa

Dec 2, 2014, 7:13:53 PM12/2/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com, sudhir...@gmail.com
Hi, sorry for my english... i did this part, i get the text, but i still don't know what put in the url
Can I get any help please?

Martin Ochoa

Dec 2, 2014, 7:26:56 PM12/2/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com, sudhir...@gmail.com
Oh... I did it!! thanks anyway

Ziya Bayramov

Dec 4, 2014, 2:27:03 PM12/4/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
i got decrypted text. now, what is next? change map.html with this decrypedtext.html? if yes, with punctuations(also with spaces) or something like that? ("ihopeyoudidnt...") or there is an other way?

Павел Пагин

Dec 22, 2014, 10:47:30 AM12/22/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, neither I, What should I use after "... handy function..."?

Shlomi Lanton

Feb 13, 2015, 10:42:19 AM2/13/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I got the string:
a baba aaa babbb bbabababa ab ba babb. bbaba abab aaabababa aba bab. baaba ab ab ba babb aa ababbaaaabb abb bbab'a aba bbaa babb aa aa baba. aaaba abbaba.aaaabbaba() aa baaaaaabbab. baa abbba ab bba abb.

What should I do now? what should go in to the URL?

Thanks

Edward Costa

Feb 18, 2015, 3:54:04 AM2/18/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
I looks like you're using replace(), remember that when doing that isn't done in any particular order so it will often change the same letters over and over again until it reaches the end.

Leona Marie Sharpstene

Mar 6, 2015, 3:15:52 PM3/6/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
What's an alternative to replace?

Vinzenz Sinapius

Mar 10, 2015, 12:03:04 PM3/10/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com

Oil Tycoon

Mar 27, 2015, 4:00:25 PM3/27/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
"now apply on the url."
what to apply?

Wei Zhang

Jun 2, 2015, 1:51:38 AM6/2/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
This is also my questions, I got the answer, but how to apply to the URL? I tried to paste the decoded string by replacing "map" in the url, but it doesn't work. I also tried remove any space and symbols but also doesn't work. I even tried to url encode ,but still doesn't work.

How to past the answer to the URL? I also tried replacing "map" with "string_maketrans", of course it doesn't work.

the hardest is not solving the problem, is how to go to next step.

any one can help on apply it to the URL? Thanks

Remargik

Jun 3, 2015, 11:44:43 AM6/3/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
map -> ??? ;-)

Aditya Chincholi

Jun 27, 2015, 4:01:30 AM6/27/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
do to the url what you did to the problem

raji swari

Dec 23, 2015, 8:57:58 AM12/23/15
to Python Challenge
type maketrans.html instead of map.html

Suryaday Nath

Dec 6, 2016, 9:43:21 PM12/6/16
to Python Challenge, sudhir...@gmail.com
Big Thanks to you! I had just started learning Python and was struggling with this when I saw your reply and was able to figure it out. However, there is one problem in my code. It's displaying the message as :

t h i s i s a n e x a m p l e
I want : this is an example

How do I do that?

P.S. I used string.append to make a new list of the new words.

Regards,
Surya.

Steni Sebastian

Jul 29, 2017, 7:41:40 AM7/29/17
to Python Challenge
that's a handy little function. isn't it?
What does it mean? what should i actually paste in the url??

Steni Sebastian

Jul 29, 2017, 7:43:50 AM7/29/17
to Python Challenge
What to apply? Im still not getting!!

that's a handy little function. isn't it?  - And what is this?

Steni Sebastian

Jul 29, 2017, 7:43:56 AM7/29/17
to Python Challenge

Steni Sebastian

Jul 29, 2017, 7:44:13 AM7/29/17
to Python Challenge
that's a handy little function. isn't it? - What is this?

Kay-Uwe Clemens

Aug 9, 2017, 6:34:06 AM8/9/17
to Python Challenge
Hi Steni,

I have the same issue. I solved the task but just find a short message and I dont know how to change the URL to L2.

Bye
Kay

resul b

Sep 8, 2017, 12:11:09 AM9/8/17